Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Have Ditched Norton and are now trying Avast 4.7.....?

....what else do i need in additioon for full protection? Does it have a firewall or antispam?



Have Ditched Norton and are now trying Avast 4.7.....?antivirus



No it doesn't. You need to get Zone Alarm Free for a firewall. You also need at least three Antispy programs that provide full time protection. I recommend Windows Defender, SpywareBlaster, Spybot Search and Destroy (turn on Tea Timer for full time protection). All of the above are free, very good and can be download at this safe site.



http://www.filehippo.com/



Have Ditched Norton and are now trying Avast 4.7.....?computer



Personally, I like Norton. I have tried McAfee. and that was horrible! i had a virus within the week. But if you want to stick with Avast, then make sure you have antispyware, firewall, and antivirus. Those are the major neccesities. If you don't have antispyware, which most don't, you can download Microsoft Defender for free. It works very well and is very dependable. Good luck with Avast.
Also see AVG from Grisoft. Running Lavasoft's Ad-Aware is a good idea. Avast would be my second choice but getting rid of Norton was smart, I did the same thing 2 years ago, used AVG since and not only did my PC increase its speed (Norton is a hog) but I have had ZERO problems, infections etc. One note about Zone Alarm for a firewall, should you decide to get rid of it the delete process is very difficult but as such it is the best firewall you can get for free.
You are a very smart person. I test antivirus program an antispyware program in my spare time to see if they perform as claimed. Nortons is the very worse junk out there for years. An each year they get worse.

No comments:

Post a Comment