Saturday, August 15, 2009

Best combination of WinXP firewall+antispam+antivirus? Must: autoupdate, work, autoconfig, light on

I am going to do a clean reinstall of my WinXP SP2 PC and I want it fast, efficient, secure. Can you point me to a RELIABLE combo of: personal firewall, antivirus, antispam?



Absolute requirements are: autoconfiguration, autoupdate, efficiency, light on system resources. Freeware a plus.



Please no evangelical and pointless debates: only real life benchmarks and first person experience, thanks.



The goal is an install-and-forget secure system, but fast. Otherwise I'd stick with the Norton suite. (please refrain from techie jokes here).



Thanks in advance for your help.



Best combination of WinXP firewall+antispam+antivirus? Must: autoupdate, work, autoconfig, light on resources.agv



I have used AVG Anti Virus, Zone Alarm Firewall, Spy-bot Search and Destroy and Ad Aware both spyware killers for years. They are all free for personal use and I have had no trouble with Viruses Trojans etc. I have just upgraded to AVG free 8.0 and all seems good so far. Zone Alarm allows a lot of personal configuration unlike the Windows Firewall. They can all be downloaded from http://www.download.com/ I also use Windows Defender from the Microsoft site. It is safe to use two anti-spy products but never use more than one A/V as it can cause conflicts. You should run A/V and anti spy weekly. Hope this helps



Best combination of WinXP firewall+antispam+antivirus? Must: autoupdate, work, autoconfig, light on resources.antivirus software

No comments:

Post a Comment