Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Is this good security for my pc?

I have:



-ESET Smart Security - antivirus, antispyware, firewall and antispam



-Webroot Spy Sweeper



-TrendMicro antispyware



-McAfee Siteadvisor



-A firewall built into my wireless router (bt home hub)



-I occasionally download Prevx free and scan



-I occasionally do an online scan with XBlock



Is this good security for my pc?virus scanner



yep, aslong as you dont go on any dodgy sites that should all be ok.



Ive only got spywareblaster/spybot and AVG on my pc and i use the routers firewall. ive never had any problems at all



Is this good security for my pc?anti virus software



It's ok. but one problem. Is your wireless router secured with WEP/WPA (WPA being stronger)?



If not, then someone like me could gain access...



Best of luck
Not really. A collection of band aids will not fix a deep wound.



It'll also make your computer run as slow as molasses.



The best part of what you have there is the router.



Turn off the other junk, be cautious when browsing and don't open email attachments from people you don't know.
Personally I'd just have NOD32 av (fw if you really want it - I've not used it)



Windows XP firewall in SP2 is pretty decent and simple.

No comments:

Post a Comment