Saturday, August 15, 2009

Norton Internet 2006; having problems with live updates for virus definitions and getting an antispa

Live update will not include virus definitions; I have to manually load them in. Symantec keeps telling me to check my clock. My clock is correct. I am also getting this: res://C:\ProgramFiles\CommonFiles\symant... I have not clue what this means but it will not let me allow me to open the Norton Spam in live update. I need help using not so technical terms as I am computer savvy. I have sent Symantec over 15 emails only to get the same response: "check my clock" and use auto tools. Auto tools will not work. I think it's because I updated Internet Explorer. They will not allow me to call without paying.



Norton Internet 2006; having problems with live updates for virus definitions and getting an antispam error.?anti virus



DITCH NORTONS......



It is a system resource hog and does not work as good as other antivirus



try



trendmicro



AVG



anti-vir



or pandasoft



They are much better and dont use all the system resources.



Plus they are free.



Norton Internet 2006; having problems with live updates for virus definitions and getting an antispam error.?auto protect



try avast antivirus its better then norton
Have you tried reinstalling the software?



And as for Norton customer service, try speaking to a manager there and express your unhappiness, and hopefully they will resolve it for u for free.
you should delete all of your tempoary internet files,and dfrag your hard drive,then try.if this does not work then unistall the product fully and try reinstalling it again
The Clock may show the correct time, but is the Date and Year correct.



Do this:



Double click on the Time in your Task Bar (lower right on the screen)



Verify that both the Year and Date are correct.
sounds to me that your subscription has run out. Has it? If not simply uninstall Norton, then reinstall. This should solve your problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment