Saturday, August 15, 2009

I've uninstalled Norton and now using the Free Avast 4 Home Ed. But now Im missing 3 features o

I've noticed that Avast dont have Antispam, Personal Firewall, and Privacy Control feature...all these 3 are in Norton. How do I go about it? I think those 3 features are important to me and now Im not getting it in Avast. Or are these 3 features already incorporated in Avast(and Im just not aware of it)? How %26 Where can I get these 3 features without the need of going back to Norton?



I've uninstalled Norton and now using the Free Avast 4 Home Ed. But now Im missing 3 features of Norton.?stinger



If you are running Windows XP, it has a built-in firewall as good as Norton's. And the antispam is only good if you use Outlook Express or Outlook. If you use Yahoo mail, they have the best spam program around. I don't know what the privacy control is, so I can't comment on that one. All I know is that I've used Avast for 3 years and had 1 virus in that time, which Avast caught before it had a chance to infect the computer.



I think it's a matter of choice. You can pay for Norton, and lose a lot of resources because it's such a memory and resource hog, or you can use the free software and get along just as well.



I've uninstalled Norton and now using the Free Avast 4 Home Ed. But now Im missing 3 features of Norton.?virus scanner

No comments:

Post a Comment